One cell phone donated, plants one tree.
One Tree Planted is a nonprofit organization focused on global reforestation. They are on a mission to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees: with Big Sky Recycling one cell phone donated equals one tree planted.
One Tee Planted plants trees in North America, South America, Asia, and Africa. Most of their projects help with restoration from forest fires and floods, as well as creating jobs, building communities, and protecting habitat for biodiversity.
Planting trees is a simple and effective way to make an impact. Trees clean the air we breathe and the water we drink. They help stabilize our climate, provide habitat for biodiversity, and create sustainable jobs. Using their worldwide partners, One Tree Planted finds the best tree species to plant and works with local communities to get them in the ground.
One Tree Planted’s mission is to reforest the planet, one tree at a time.
Every $1 donated helps plant 1 tree. It’s that simple. One Tree Planted also aims to raise awareness about the importance of trees, offer businesses a simple sustainability solution, and motivate younger generations to do something positive for the environment.
- Every 2 Seconds: humans destroy an area of forest the size of a football field.
- 80,000 Acres of forest disappear from the earth every day.
- 50% of all plant and animal species in the world live in tropical rainforests.
- 1 Tree sequesters about 48 lbs of CO2 per year.
- 4/10 Trees get chopped down and are processed into pulp for making paper products